DRAM Compatibility

Moderator: ProductDiscussion/SSDandDRAM

Schmalmj

DRAM Compatibility

Post by Schmalmj » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:28 am

I recently purchased 2x8 AX4U240038G16-DRZ to upgrade my computer RAM. The motherboard has four RAM slots. The existing RAM I have is AX4U240038G16-BSZ.

I'm really aiming to have 32 GB of RAM so I'd like to add the existing. Unfortunately, the units do not seem compatible- the computer doesn't startup whatsoever when all the RAM is placed, but seems fine whenever just two of the units are in.

I've not been able to find information on the AX4U240038G16-BSZ anywhere on XPG website. I certainly don't consider myself a computer enthusiast, but I'm not a stranger to gaming machines. Am I doing something wrong with this upgrade or are the units not compatible?

Thanks for any assistance!

Respectfully,
~Matt
xpg_paul

Re: DRAM Compatibility

Post by xpg_paul » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:39 am

Schmalmj wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:28 am
I recently purchased 2x8 AX4U240038G16-DRZ to upgrade my computer RAM. The motherboard has four RAM slots. The existing RAM I have is AX4U240038G16-BSZ.

I'm really aiming to have 32 GB of RAM so I'd like to add the existing. Unfortunately, the units do not seem compatible- the computer doesn't startup whatsoever when all the RAM is placed, but seems fine whenever just two of the units are in.

I've not been able to find information on the AX4U240038G16-BSZ anywhere on XPG website. I certainly don't consider myself a computer enthusiast, but I'm not a stranger to gaming machines. Am I doing something wrong with this upgrade or are the units not compatible?

Thanks for any assistance!

Respectfully,
~Matt
Hi Matt
Thanks for join XPG Forum and really sorry for the late response due to some technical issue.
May I know which BM mode name you are using?
AX4U240038G16-BSZ was an old model and could cause compatibility problem but I need to know which MB model you have in order to find out more details, thanks.